- Taste of NB
- Hot Deals
With Summer right around the corner, you may be looking to kickstart those fresh, sunny vibes. Look no further than these easy, yet delicious Spring cocktails to sip in the season.
Spring brings with it some celebratory days and entertaining events. Looking to add something new, while also keeping a few tried-and-true cocktails at your Spring get togethers? Look no further than these delicious cocktail recipes. Also, check out our fabulous mocktail recipe for those who are looking to take part in the fun with a zero-alcohol option. With all these choices, there’s truly a bevvy for everyone.
Here are some cocktail & mocktail recipes for each day that you can enjoy!
Strawberry Mango Mimosa
Although this isn’t your typical ‘classic’ Mimosa, it might just become your new favorite!
- ½ mango
- 6 strawberries
- 1 cup orange juice
- Joy Prosecco Rose Brut Millesimato Doc 2020 750ml »
- Cut a mango in half. Dice half of the mango and put it into a blender
- Dice the 6 strawberries and add them to the blender
- Pour 1 cup of orange juice into the blender and begin blending
- Pour blended mixture into a champagne flute to half full
- Fill the rest of the glass with champagne & garnish accordingly
Classic Mint Julep
A staple cocktail of the Kentucky Derby, this is one you’re not going to want to miss out on.
- 4 to 5 mint sprigs (leaves only)
- 2 sugar cubes, or ½ ounces of simple syrup
- 2 ½ ounces of Buffalo Trace 750ml »
- 1 mint sprig for garnish
- Place mint leaves and sugar into a glass
- Muddle well to dissolve the sugar and release the oil and aroma of the mint
- Pour in the Bourbon
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir well
- Garnish with a mint sprig
Lemon Drop Martini
There are hundreds of Martini recipes out there, but one of our favourites is the Lemon Drop Martini. This one was created in the 1970’s by San Francisco bartender Norman Jay Hobday and is now enjoyed all over the world!
- Granulated sugar (for glass rimming)
- Lemon wedge (for glass rimming)
- 2 ounces of Sky Vodka 750ml »
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ to ¾ ounces of simple syrup
- Lemon twist (for garnish)
- Pour granulated sugar onto a small plate or surface
- Rim the edge of the glass with a lemon wedge
- Dip the glass rim down into the sugar and then set the glass aside
- Pour ice into a cocktail shaker
- Pour the vodka, lemon juice and simple syrup into the cocktail shaker and then shake well
- Strain into the rimmed glass
- Garnish with a lemon twist
We’ve got 2 Caesar options for you. One is do-it-yourself, and the other is a grab’n’go option!
Mott’s Clamato now has a new convenient Caesar, made with fire roasted jalapeno puree and natural ingredients and flavours, this is the pre-made Caesar of your dreams!
Do It Yourself Caesar
If you’re more of the do-it-yourself type of person, the recipe below will not disappoint. Either way, both options satisfy!
- 8 ounces of Caesar mix (tomato juice & clam broth/juice)
- 1 ounce of Snowfox Dill Vodka 750ml »
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash of hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of celery salt
- 1 lime
- 1 dash of lime juice
- 1 or 2 celery stick
- Ice cubes
- Cut a lime into wedges. Take 1 wedge and rim the glass
- Pour some celery salt on a plate and dip the rim of the glass into it to coat the rim
- Pour in Caesar mix, vodka, horseradish, Worcestershire, hot sauce lime juice and black pepper into a glass and stir
- Top with ice cubes and stir again
- Garnish with a celery stick and lime wedge
We’ve got 2 Iced Tea options for you to celebrate Iced Tea Day! One is a classic non-alcoholic do-it-yourself, and the other is a grab’n’go alcoholic option!
New to the scene is the very flavourful Truly Iced Tea Hard Seltzer mix pack (12 cans), with 4 delicious flavours. Truly Iced Tea Hard Seltzer combines refreshing hard seltzer with real brewed tea and fruit flavor for a uniquely delicious, flavorful drink. The fresh, upfront fruit flavor is perfectly balanced with subtle sweetness and earthy black tea notes, delivering a crisp, refreshing finish.
The do-it-yourself option is very easy to make! Follow the steps and recipe below for a delicious version of the classic Iced Tea many know and love.
- 8 cups water
- 6 bags black tea
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a saucepan, bring half of the water to a boil. Remove from the heat and add tea bags. Allow the tea bags to steep for 10 minutes
- Remove the tea bags from the water. Note: If you prefer sweet tea, add the sugar or your preferred sweetener to the tea while it’s still hot and stir until dissolved
- Add the remaining water to the tea. Leave it refrigerated until fully chilled (about an hour)
- Serve with ice, lemon slices, and fresh mint if desired
Aperol Spritzer Grab’n’Go!
If you love a good deal, this Aperol Spritz pack is an easy decision.