- Taste of NB
- Hot Deals
Hauntingly Good Cocktails That Are a Real Scream to Make
It’s spooky season which means it’s time to conjure up a brand new batch of fun and frightfully yummy cocktail recipes.
Some of the featured recipes lean heavily into the flavours of the fall season (think pumpkin spice and apple cider) – while others are giving all the spooktacular vibes and are perfect to make for your guests at the annual costume party.
Explore them all below…if you dare.
To browse the full library of cocktail recipes you can make at home, visit our YouTube channel here.
White Pumpkin Spice Cocktail
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons crushed graham crackers
- Whipped cream
- Extra pumpkin pie spice
- Cinnamon sticks
- Mix the ingredients for the rim together on a shallow plate. Dip the edge of two glasses in water and then dip into the graham mixture.
- Pour vodka, creamer, and Kahlua into a large cocktail shaker.
- Add ice to the shaker and shake until chilled.
- Pour into glass and top with whipped cream, pumpkin pie spice and add cinnamon stick.
Sparkling Apple Pie Cocktail
- 1 cup caramel apple simple syrup
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 bottle BOLLA PROSECCO DOC 750ML
- Simple Syrup
- 1 cup cinnamon apple cider
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Cinnamon sticks
- Apple slices
- Gold sparkles
- Caramel sauce
- In a small saucepan over medium/high heat, stir together 1 cup apple cider, 1 cup caramel ice cream topping, the ground cinnamon, and 2 cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Stir to combine.
- Allow to reduce by half, simmering for about 10-15 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Dip the rim of your glasses into caramel sauce and then into gold sprinkles.
- Fill glasses with ice.
- Pour 1.5 oz of the caramel apple simple syrup into the glass.
- Top with ½ cup apple cider
- Fill to the top with champagne.
- Garnish with cinnamon sticks and apple slices.
Black Magic Halloween Sangria
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup black grapes
- 1 apple (cored and chopped)
- Sprite or Coca-Cola - for topping
- 1 bottle CASILLERO DEL DIABLO MERLOT 750ML
- 1 ½ cups CRYSTAL HEAD ONYX 750ML
- ½ cup MATHILDE RASPBERRY LIQUEUR 375ML
- 1 cup apple cider
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- Add the fruit (blackberries, raspberries, grapes, and apple) to a large pitcher. You may thinly slice the apple or chop it into cubes. For the grapes, you may wish to slice them in half if they are especially large.
- Add the red wine, vodka, raspberry liqueur, apple cider, and pomegranate juice to the fruit and mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours, time allowing.
- Fill glasses with ice and fill approximately halfway full with the 'Black Magic Halloween Sangria'. Top each glass with Sprite or Coca-Cola and enjoy!
Sour Headless Horseman
- 3 oz CRYSTAL HEAD VODKA 750ML
- 2 oz lime juice
- 2 oz lemon juice
- 1 can Fresca
- Strawberry syrup
- Pour vodka, lime juice and lemon juice into cocktail mixer.
- Add ice to the mixer and shake for 30 seconds.
- Rim glass in strawberry syrup.
- Add ice to your glass.
- Strain cocktail shaker into glass.
- Fill the rest of the glass with Fresca.
- Dribble strawberry syrup on top, and a little on the rim of the glass too.
- 1 oz CHAMBORD 750ML
- 100% cranberry juice (unsweetened)
- 1 ½ oz 1800 CRISTALINO 750ML
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ ounce grenadine
- Granulated sugar and additional grenadine, for the sugar rim
- Place granulated sugar in a single layer on one plate. On another plate, add some grenadine. Spin the rim of the glass in the grenadine until it coats the entire rim. Then dip the glass rim into the plate with the sugar to coat it.
- Add the tequila, Chambord, unsweetened cranberry juice, lemon juice, and grenadine to a cocktail shaker.
- Add 2 handfuls regular ice cubes and shake until cold.
- Strain the drink into a glass.
Dark & Stormy
- 4 oz (½ cup) ginger beer
- 2 oz BUMBU CRAFT RUM 750ML
- 1 lime wedge
- Fill a highball glass with ice and pour in the ginger beer.
- Pour the rum on top.
- Squeeze in the lime wedge.
- Stir gently.
- 1 oz KRAKEN BLACK SPICED RUM 1140ML
- 1 oz RAMAZZOTTI BLACK SAMBUCA 750ML
- ½ oz BOLS CACAO WHITE 750ML
- 3 oz blueberry juice
- Orange sugar (rim)
- Grenadine (rim)
- In a shaker, combine the first 4 ingredients.
- Add ice and shake for 15-30 seconds.
- Rim the glass in grenadine.
- Rim the glass in orange sugar.
- Pour shaker into glass.
Autumn Harvest Punch (Mocktail)
- 3 cups lemonade
- 5 cups apple cider
- 1 cup orange juice
- 5 cups sparkling water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Apples and oranges, sliced
- In a pitcher or punch bowl, stir apple cider, orange juice and lemonade.
- Slice the apples and the oranges and add to the mix.
- Stir in maple syrup until fully mixed.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Add sparkling water and stir.
Black + Blue (Mocktail)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 cups blueberry juice
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- ½ cup agave syrup
- ¼ cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- In a bowl, add the fresh blueberries, blackberries and lemon juice, crushing everything together until fruits are fully broken down.
- Add in the water, blueberry juice, cinnamon, and agave and stir until well combined. NOTE: the mixture should look really dark in color.
- Garnish with berries.